Extended warranty

Does anyone know of a reputable extended warranty I can buy for my 330xi with 48K miles on it ?
Who have you had experience with that gives decent coverage ? Service ?
Thanks JC
Jim Collins wrote:

330xi
?
BMW has started selling extended warranties through their dealers so you might want to look into that.
Anoop
anoop wrote:

Reputable? No doubt. A good deal for the consumer? Perhaps not...
-Fred W
Malt_Hound wrote:

This is debatable. Most folks say that the seller of the warranty is betting that the buyer won't have any problems while the buyer is betting that he/she will. It's not that simple. The seller is betting that for $x (where x is large and is based on the expected number of buyers), the payout plus administrative costs for the plan will be < $x. It doesn't say anything about one particular buyer because probability becomes meaningless when we deal with just one car.
I think it works like an insurance plan. If one doesn't have any liabilities and one has a source of income other than having to go to work, one can do without disability insurance. In the same way, if one is willing and able to take the risk of covering costs that might be larger than the cost of the plan should such a problem arise, then one can certainly do without it.
I don't have the stats, but for every 50 cars, there was probably at least 1 for which the extended warranty paid for itself. The question is whether or not one is willing (and able) to take a risk of being that 1 in 50.
FWIW, I did buy the extended warranty for my previous car (a Civic), and never used it. I haven't yet bought it for my current car (a 2003 325i) and I'm still debating. I don't think the decision is a no-brainer.
Anoop