Fair price for 2002 330xi?

I have a 2002 330xi with almost 149k miles on it. It has the premium and sports package, and an auto transmission.
The AC is out, due to a freon leak. That is a tough
repair, about 12 hours of labor I am told, so I was quoted US$ 2k to fix it.
Besides that it has a slow oil leak, I need to add 1 liter every 1500k miles.
It has a bit of rust at the edge of one wheel well where the paint got scraped, and a tiny bit under the latch for the trunk (on the trunk lid).
The all weather tires have about 5k on them, the snow tires about 20k (different wheels for them).
Very roughly, what price should I ask for it?
Thanks, ah
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)

When I traded in my '01 with 145K miles in Nov, sounded like very similar condition to yours, it was worth around $9.5K, but it didn't have a $2K problem.
FloydR

Wow, my dealer just offered $4,125. Sounds low to me.
Thanks,
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)

It sounds about right and fair to me. Someone has to fix the rust, the oil leak, and the AC. And they have to be fixed (at least temporarily) if you want to get a decent price for the car.

That might be a little low, but trade-ins allow dealers to make money on re-sale (you can read that as "rip-off people trading in cars")
FloydR

A reasonable profit is not a rip off, but this seems a bit excessive. I did a national search and the asking price for cars similar to mine is 11-12k. So allowing 2k to fix the AC, there is a lot of room for profit at a price of 4.1k.
I think I will fix the AC and give the car to my soon to be a college graduate daughter. I doubt I could get nearly as good a car for 6k.
Thanks for your thoughts,