Fair Sale Price - 1984 325e

I have a 325e - 1984 with 145K miles on it. 2.7 l 6 cylinder of course. Sunroof, electric windows, racing seats, 3-spoke steering wheel, 5 speed, 16" BBS wheels, 'ground effects on sides, front and back cowling, red with black interior. Only thing that's really wrong is the AC doesn't work ... in the 8 years i've owned her. I just need something larger. The first car place i went offered me $1,500 trade in toward one of their cars. Is this fair ? Should i try to sell it myself ?

Reply to
Chippsta

"Chippsta" wrote

There is almost no market for used cars, since everyone is selling new cars for far under MSRP (except for BMW :( )

IMO, you are always better selling a used car yourself, unless you don't want the hassle and are willing to pay 50% the cost of your used car for no hassle.

Floyd

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Where are you located?

FSJ

Reply to
FSJ

Nashville, TN Email me if you'd like pictures - snipped-for-privacy@hcahealthcare.com

Reply to
Chippsta

I'm guessing he wanted to know because it affects the price calculation.

To answer your original question, yes what the dealer offered you was fair. You get wholesale. He marks it up and gets retail. He has to make money or he should just stay home.

And, yes you should sell the car yourself if you are so inclined. You should be able to get somewhere between wholesale and retail in a private sale. But it may not be worth the hassle to you.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Malt_Hound"

Reply to