Fan wont shut off

When I turn off my 2002, 530I, a fan continues to run until it kills the battery. It is the fan in the "hepa filter" area, on the fire wall. This is
not the cooling fan.Any ideas what is causing this and what the fix might be.

Probably the electric fan. It is meant to run after switch off, but only until things are a little cooler. Probably its thermostatic switch.