Fault Codes - 325i

My 1990 325i has a continuous blinking check light when I try to check the fault codes. I followed procedure by turning the key to start, then depress
the pedal 5 times within 5 seconds. Still, it just keeps blinking without any pauses. Is there a remedy for this?
The CHECK light flashing in the middle of your guage cluster references the check panel by the rear view mirror. This has nothing to do with ECU codes. There's a button on the check panel that will stop it from flashing but the red LED next to the description of the problem will explain itself...
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:49:23 -0400, "Peter J. Alicea"