Fitting a dog guard in a 3 series coupe? (2001-)

Hi,
I am about to trade my Avant Audi A4 for a nice 2004 '04 BMW M3, Grrr...
I have 2 bull terriers who sat quite happily in the back of the Audi with a
dog guard, obviously this isn't going to be as easy with a coupe!
I used to have a 330ci and have the fitted dog cover for the back seats, is there a way to keep the dogs from getting over the middle of the front seats? I thought perhaps a couple of plastic poles between the uprights behind the front seats or something?
Or perhaps even a dog cage, but that would take up space by itself...
Any ideas, anybody done anything like this already?
Thanks
Daz
I'm confused. The dog guard that you had in your 330 should fit the M3. I'm not getting the question.
"Daz N" <darren.nicholl(AT)zen.co.uk> wrote in message

Sure, I have an idea... Don't know if it'll work on an M3, but it works fine on my 325XI. Sling a cargo net between the two clothes hooks in the back seat. Tack it down to the carpet with the "hooks" side of some Velcro.
Actually, I don't use a cargo net - I found a light duty mesh hammock at a flea market for a buck... Wraps up in to a fist-sized package when it's not in use.
Ain't pretty, but it works for me. (Your mileage may vary...)
Hope this helps. Rgds...pay