Five series wheels fit three series?

I really like the look of the stock wheels that come on the 06 525/530 non sport models. Anyone know if these would bolt up to a 06 325i?
Thanks.

They'll bolt on OK. But the offset and hub ring sizes are all wrong. Sorry.
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

How can they bolt on okay if the hub ring and offset are "all wrong"?
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

Jeff Strickland wrote:

If the hubcentric hole in the wheel is bigger than the hub on the car it will fit on, but will not properly center the wheel. Likewise, if the offset is wrong, the wheel may fit in the wheel well, but may rub something under use or cause other suspension geometry problems.
--
-Fred W

John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

It just seems to me that bolting on okay and having the hubs and offsets all wrong conflict with each other.
I suppose the rims could physically be bolted on, but not work worth a damn ...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Jeff Strickland says...

No they don't. The wheel can go over the hub, but if it's not on exactly dead centre (unlikely, if you think about how you put a wheel on) it'll vibrate coz it's a /tad/ off centre.
JB and I had loads of fun with the E39 wheels on my E32 740iL, and the resulting vibration, until I spent 25 on a set of spacers, on the advice of His Royal Burnsness (correct on all things BMW since 1887).

Think about it; the wheel bolts on, but that still leaves a /lot/ of potential play in the hub/wheel alignment, if the hub is smaller.
Offsets I have no idea about. -- Bear BMW 740iL - Stately progress for the mature gentleman
waffled on about something:

Offset will have little affect on the rear wheels (apart from good old physical wheel/tyre to body contact), it's the front where things get iffy...
If the offset is different on the front you'll find your car very twitchy, instead of the steering geometry acting through the centre of the wheel and neutral, it will act through a point away from the centre line and cause the wheel to want to turn when you hit bumps.
The further off the offset is from design, the twitchier it'll get. Stick the wheel out on 6 inches of spacers and whenever you hit a bump you'll end up trying to U turn!
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

snipped-for-privacy@earth.planet.universe Dodgy says...

Cheers for that. I've learned something :) -- Bear BMW 740iL - Stately progress for the mature gentleman
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Zactly!
--
-Fred W

John Burns wrote:

As the offsets are bigger on the 3-series I guess one could use spacers and hubcentric rings but it's hardly the ideal solution! I would guess you'd need something like 20mm spacers and extra long bolts.
No. 5 Series wheels do not fit 3 Series.