flickering xenon headlights

I have a 2000 BMW 328i and I recently noticed that my headlights are flickering intermittently. What could cause this problem? Please HELP....

Both sides at once, or just one side?
both sides, both flicker at the same time. whether idle or running.
I have a very similar problem. On my 2003 325i, my driver-side xenon light flickers on occasion. Worse, the light actually will go out completely for an extended period of time (it'll sometimes be out until the next time I start the car...sometimes for a few days). I've noticed the following: Light has gone out in any of these situations: 1) Idling 2) Moving 3) Upon starting the car
Light comes back on only: 1) Upon starting the car
I've taken it the the service center many times, and each time they try replacing one thing or another, but it never fixes the problem. (I'm currently researching NC lemon laws)
TMann