fog lights won't swith off

Foglight will not switckh off. Handbook refers to a foglight relay but this slot is empty on my 96-97 german manufactured 300 model.Push in/ out is on dashboard but the lights stay on. Removed fuse but to no
avail. Any ideas

Obviously wrong FUSE! Try removing the switch and replacing with new one.
Are your fog lights factory equipment, or are they aftermarket? It sounds to me like they are aftermarket.

aftermarket I believe but they suddenly started to work again
jacobite wrote:

We all know they cannot be switched off :-)

We do?