Ford Injector upgrade for M30 engine.

We suspect some dirty / bad injectors as an issue for my M30 engine.
I have read about a Ford mustang injector "ugprade" that helps smooth out some
idle issues.
I picked up a set for relatively low $'s -- they're marked FOTE-D5A on a guess that they're not that different from FOTE-D5B -- which is what everyone seems to use.
Before I go trash a day putting these in -- I was hoping someone might know the difference btewen the A &B's.
Thanks -josh
I wouldn't put anything relating top FoMoCo on my BMW. If the only gas available was Ford Gas I'd run my bimmers on good old water. They make the cheapest cr_p in the world.
They're actually bosch injectors; out of a ford 5.0 engine.
On 23 Jan 2006 19:33:12 -0800, prc snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

I wouldn't put anything relating top FoMoCo on my BMW. If the only gas available was Ford Gas I'd run my bimmers on good old water. They make the cheapest cr_p in the world.

The Bosch F0TE-D5A, part # 0280150943, was used in the early '90's Ford Mustang 5.0, the Ranger, Explorer, Aerostar, etc. The B is a later model.
Will probably work OK, give the ECU 100 miles or so to adapt.

Thanks!
So the ECU is a learning ECU? Thanks.
Will try to get to it this weekend.
Cheers! -josh
I've been using the F4SE-A1B (Bosch 0280155700) injectors since 10 June 05 and have had increased mileage by a gallon or two, better throttle response and better starting. They are 204cc vice 185cc for original E6TE-A3B (Bosch 0280150203) and were pulled from a Crown Vic/Marquis 302.
Bill '86 535i, 5sp

Josh Assing wrote:

Not on an M30, it's not. -- C.R. Krieger '88 535is

Thanks -- it was "news to me" -- I couldn't find anything that supported that, tho.
-j