Front door lock

When I open front door using my key by turning it anti-clockwise, it takes more effort to turn the key until it unlocks. Please advise what to do. Thank you very much.

Reply to
preps

Does it still lock and unlock the door?? One way is typically harder because you are unlocking the door.... but when you say it takes more effort do you mean that you actually have to use force to turn the key?

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Spray some WD40 into the lock barrel, it will also help towards it freezing up.

Reply to
Taipan

I sprayed WD40 on the lock barrel and now I can turn the key without much effort. Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas....

Reply to
preps

Clean the lock.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I'm not sure I would advise WD40, it'll bet gooey later. Since you got it freed up, I suggest you squirt some graphite into the lock.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yup - and it will cause dirt to stick too, causing more problems. Keep WD40 for squeaking garden gates - although it's not that good for that either.

Yup again. If you can't get any easily, sand down the 'lead' from a pencil and use that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They sell graphite at Home Depot.

Reply to