front end noise

Hello again, Bmw e34 535 sport. I have a kind of knocking noise coming through the drivers front wheel when going over bumps. I have checked the suspension which is fine and replaced the ball joint which improved things considerably but am still getting some noise. Any ideas? cheers

Reply to
FairKop

"FairKop" wrote

The E34 has two control arms, each with a ball joint. Did you replace the upper or just the lower?

Could also be a bad bushing mount for the anti-sway bar.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

On mine it was the drop links for the anti-roll bar (sway bar). Cheap to replace. Knocked like anything over bumps at low speeds, but couldn't replicate by hand until the car was on a lift.

Reply to
Dan Buchan