FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires

I'm about to get rid of my '98 528i and am left with < 1 year old, barely used BBS RX wheels and Blizzak LM22's(225/55/16'). My wife says that they have to go(i suppose the OZ's and the 3 other sets of randomly used tires will be next). They really would look great on my '94 325is, but I already have snows for that one too(darn it).

Although I live in the Boston area, I will be driving to Chicago(in the her new Ody) this coming Saturday. If interested(and willing to pick them up) then contact me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.

Pictures can be had at:

$1400/ob

Regards, Nik

Reply to
Nik

Nice rims, good luck with the sale.

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Condolences on having gone to Audi. That's what happens when women get involved in the car buying decisions... I'd be damned if I traded any E39 in for any Audi. Pshaaa!

Nice wheels, too. Curious why would you waste them on winter duty? Those wheels are probably better than what came on the car for summer.

Also, you do realize that those wheels would not fit your E36, right? Good luck with selling them (read as: your price is too high).

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Fred -

Thanks for the response. I do like these wheels, but have the BMW Sport Wheels on during the summer(17's). Two questions for you:

1)Why won't these fit my e36? 2) Thanks for the price guidance - what do you think is a reasonable asking price?

Thanks.

ps - Ody = Odyssey. As in her new '06 Honda Odyssey. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have one of these. Thankfully, I still have my trusty e36 .

Reply to
Nik

The locating ring is a different size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wrong offset.

Well, see, the wheels by themselves are probably worth around $600 (used). The fact that they are presently mounted with winter tires is a negative (IMO). I would never put such a nice wheel on my car for the winter brutality. So one would have to remove the rubber and put new (summer) tires on before they were of any use.

Also, the fact that they have winter rubber on them now indicates to a prospective buyer that, well... that they were used in less than optimum conditions and may not be in A1 condition. That may detract from the $600 I noted earlier.

The best way to get top[ dollar for them may be to remove the old tires and sell the wheels (cleaned and polished) separately from the tires and never mention that they were ever previously used together as your beater snow tires.

Ah... It's even worse than I thought then. I'm so sorry (for you). But maybe you don't have to actually drive the dreaded minivan...

Reply to
Malt_Hound