fuel door

I just bought a 93 325I, the fuel door will not stay closed, if you hold the door shut and lock the car it stays shut, but when you unlock the car the door pops open, the previous owner replaced the spring but it didn't fix problem.

Reply to
hornet12

He put the new spring in wrongly. Hard to describe it by email! Best advice is to find a similar BMW and look at how it's spring is fitted.

Reply to
John Burns

Then the spring is not installed correctly. The door should hold itself shut.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I doubt it's the spring. It should be a latch. You push it and it pops out so you can open it.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Krueger

If the '93 is anything like the '94, there is a finger-hole in the door that one pokes their finger into to pull the door open. The door is held closed by the spring, and that's it. He said the door locks with the doors, so the lock solenoid is okay.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland