Fuel Filter

I cant seem to locate my fuel filter, i have looked under the car and i was wondering if it is covered by something or what. I found another ad like
this one and it says it is infront of the left rear wheel, i dont know if they mean the passenger side or the driver side... any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Be nice to know what model / year you have first :-)
I have a 94 540i and I have 2 fuel filters in front of the rear right wheel. but some info would help...!
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

Well, if you got a 1994 E34 540i, your fuel filters are here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE53&mospidG410&btnr _0186&hg&fg
So what is the problem?
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

I was trying to help the original poster... steven... he never told us what kind of car he had! I was just pointing out that MY 540i has 2 and where they are, I know where mine are!