Fuel Filter Replacement for 2003 330xi

Hello,
Can anyone tell me the factory recommended replacement interval is for a fuel filter for the 2003 330xi?
According to RealOEM.com this is a large filter (roughly 2" dia x 12" long)
and includes the pressure regulator. I do not really understand why BMW has packaged the fuel filter with the fuel regulator unless it is something like a 100k mile replacement interval. I think of the fuel filter needing to be changed more often and a regulator going 100k at least. Am I mistaken?
Thanks, Mike