Fuel pump relay- 86 325e

I did find some information about the location of the fuel pump relay on an 86 325e, however... I find 8 relays on my car..numbered k1-k8. Could someone help me identify which one it is?

The problem that I am working on is when driving in the rain, the car shuts off....after the third time of this happening...it won't start at all. A reputable mechanic was 95% sure that is was the fuel pump, but I replaced that and it did not fix the problem. I am moving on to the relay. I also suspect the distributor cap. Any help on that would also be great.

Reply to
mercurymedia

None of them.

Jetronic-L cars have the relay located under a plastic cover the size of a cigarette box, it's on a metal mounted welded to the inner wing on the intake side of the engine.

Motronic cars have the fuel and Motronic relays under a long black cover in front of the windscreen, just next to the diagnostic connector.

The 325e wasn't sold in the UK. So I'm not certain but I THINK it's Motronic, our 525e was.

Reply to
John Burns