Fuel return line

I posted here few times about the problems with my Pierburg 1B2 carburetor ('87 316).
I now have Weber 32 ADF that I am about to fit in the place of 1B2, and
I noticed that Weber has fuel return connection. Pierburg does not have one.
Can I just block this connection, or do I have to make fuel return line all the way back to the fuel tank?
P.S. Crossposted to alt.autos.bmw and uk.rec.cars.misc
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **