FYI interior lighting e34

Hi All, Thought I would share a problem and its fix that I encountered with my e34 ('94) recently. About December of last year, my interior lighting would not come on when opening the doors, trunk light went out, the only interior light that worked was the glove box light. We thought initially it was a fuse..sure enough the fuse was burnt, but on replacing it, it popped out of the fuse block and across the garage. Tried it again, same result. Since I didn't have the time to have the car into the mechanic for a few days, I let it go until Inspection I came up last month. Long story short...it was the headlight on/off switch. Replaced it, now everything works as it should...I was also having a problem with the "Parking Light" warning coming on when turning on the parking lights only. It was very intermittent so I chocked that up to just another quirk of the car. The switch replacement fixed that problem too. So any of you who are having these problems, this could be what's wrong with yours also. Cost to replace: $34.75 plus $30 labor.

Kathy Black '94 525i 132,000 & going strong

Reply to
Katcopter