Garmin Dashboard Mount

I just got the Garmin nuvi 200w.
As most of you likely know, these units come with the suction cup mount for the windshield, and a separate adhesive disc to use the suction cup mount on
the dashboard. Can anyone offer some feedback on whether this adhesive disc is easy to remove (should I decide I don't like the dashboard mount option) and whether it leaves any permanent marks/debris/etc.?
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

There permanent. It says so in the manual. Plastic cracked dash was left behind to a friend that tried to remove his.

Try this:
http://www.gpscheap.com/pc-8846-181-arkon-gn047-removable-swivel-air-vent-mount-for-garmin-nuvi-and-garmin-streetpilot.aspx
I have one for the same Garmin and it works great. I wouldn't use the disc.
Alan
-
Dell Christopher wrote:

Used these many times, if carefully peeled off - they leave no marks behind and no residue.
Of course that's from actual experience, don't let that influence you when there are postings about "a friend of a friend.."