gas leak

Does anyone know what is the cause of a gas leak under the engine?

A fuel hose that has cracked inside at the ends due to age.
what car, what year /model ? I had problems with the E30, M40 engine, where a short fuel hose (6 cms) runs over the head, between the fuel inlet pipe and the injectors. Every two or three years the rubber dries and cracks. The fuel is leaking for one minute or two just after the key is turned on. Then the pressure decreases and everything runs fine. Difficult to troubleshoot because gas evaporates quickly, especially on this very warm part of the engine. I'm used to replace it on a regular basis !
Hope this will help you

Broken hose?