Gas pedal stuck doing 130mph for 60 miles

Page 2 of 2
the problem was mechanical, since the car set off

The only defective component likely to be found is the nut behind the wheel.
Huw
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

The UK has professional morons?
We only have the one. We call him "Mr. President". -- C.R. Krieger (Not fooled)
on about something:

So do we!
Dodgy (in the UK)
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

According to BMW's own tech specs, a 98 318 auto shouldn't even be able to top 130mph!
Darwin candidate, why not knock it in neutral, turn off the ignition as motorways are straight enough not to need power steering and the problem is solved.
Idiot.
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:18:34 -0000, "zerouali"

My thoughts exactly!
I know that bit of the A1, it has lots of speed cameras.
I bet he's just bowled past one, got flashed and remembered what his teachers told him at school when he hadn't done his homework.
Namely, "The bigger and more impressive the story, the more likely you are to be believed".
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Hold on one cotton pickin minute! Do you mean to say that you could not figure out and action remedial action within a maximum of five seconds? Hint, if you don't think you can, take a bus for the good of all.
Huw

:-))
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:25:34 GMT, "william Ako"
I have done.
I put my foot under the pedal and pulled it back up. Thinking time, probably half the time it took me to say "Eh? what the...?"
Having said that, it wasn't a BMW, maybe they're more scary. :o)
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES