German rivals team together for hybrid development

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id &article_idH86
March 2007 1 of 1
DaimlerChrysler and BMW said they will cooperate on developing a
hybrid drive system for premium cars, the Dow Jones Newswires reported.
"This collaboration will allow the two companies to share their extensive know-how and to achieve increased efficiency through economies of scale," the two companies said in a statement.
The companies said the deal wouldn't affect the identities of the different brands, because the systems would be tailored to fit different vehicles.
BMW and DaimlerChrysler said they plan to bring the new system to market within the next three years.
In other words, they are acknowledging that Toyota/GM/Ford were right (years sago) and they were...well, clueless.

More like they might loose sales without one. After all the public are terribly gullible about such things.
--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *