Getting codes from 87 325is

I'm trying to read the codes from an 87 325is but the trick of depressing the throttle to the floor five times doesn't work. Is there a different trick for this year vs my 89 325i? What switches should I
check as I'm thinking one or more isn't working. The TPS sensor has been tested and works...
depressing the throttle to the floor five times doesn't work.
try ten times and tell me did you get ti...

You need to be sure you go all the way down to the floor and then all the way back to the top each time you press the pedal. Since you need to do this relatively fast, it's easy to not go all the way on one or more presses and thus not enter the read mode. My old 89 325i was like this.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
I don't have a problem getting the codes from my 89 325i, just this one. I'm actually thinking that one of the switches somewhere isn't making contact but I assume it uses the TPS and I've already tested that. Oh well, I'll keep trying and sooner or later I'll figure it out.
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:59:26 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

Nedavno Psycho pise:
| I'm trying to read the codes from an 87 325is but the trick of | depressing the throttle to the floor five times doesn't work.
What trick? How does it work? Please explain, or post a link to the explanation (hope I spelled this right :-)
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

Nedavno Psycho pise:
| This has been posted numerous times but in the interest of good will, | turn the key to the ON position but do not start the motor. You then | fully depress and release the gas pedal 5 time (must be done within 5 | seconds or so) and the CEL will flash out the code for you. I'm sure | someone can provide you a better link but www.bmwe30.net does a fair | job of covering it...
Thanks.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:20:35 -0500, "KMS-Brett Anderson"

I had already determined that it wasn't going to fess up any information without a code reader. It is nice to know why though. I thank you very much for that answer as I no longer have to wonder why...
The issue has been resolved and since the problem was the crankshaft position sensor I doubt it would have helped to have the codes...
A code reader would not have helped. There are no codes to be read.
Brett Anderson KMS