GM and BMW to cooperate on fuel cells?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:53:36 -0500, Dean Dark

Ding!
I'm actually an expert driver and this is my third year without problem in the snow. The car has always got me from the desired starting point to the desired ending point in all weathers. I can even manage it with rather well worn rears too. *If* you understand any of this, you might be coming closer to why I've no need of winter tyres BTW.

How much do you think I should pay then? Go on, you can tell me..

Feel free to quote where I said it.

Feel free to quote where I said it.

Not as vague as *your* BMW knowledge appears to be.

Feel free to quote where I said it.
Maybe you have difficulty with the difference between a proper M car and an M-Sport car? It would neatly explain a couple of things..

Ooo..I wasn't expecting..more smoke.

Continue to think what you like.

LIU.
Learn what exactly? I've learnt NOTHING from you about BMWs and such has been the quality of your responses so far that I'm not expecting to learn anything from you about BMWs in the future either. Feel free to alter that any time you like though..I won't bite.

..'cos it worked..?

..and still is working..

Coming from you, that IS an insult! Remind me again, the difference between M-Sport and M, the price I should pay for winter wheels and tyres......?? Pretty please...??? Nah..thought not.

Now you think I'm in the US? From someone as computer savvy as yourself, I'm a bit surprised at that gift. Hint, try looking at the headers in Agent. If that's too complicated, I never called my car a sedan earlier.

If narrow minded means asking a straight question and never getting the answer then I'm narrow minded, I'll freely admit it to the world.

As you wish.

Hah..I'll leave that part in your capable hands.

βœ–
Children!
'Tis the Season of Goodwill.
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
Add pictures here

It was supposed to mean, "my BMW drives like a champ in the snow?"
You have a very strange way with words. You'll need to explain precisely what you *did* mean, then.

Oh, that's priceless! Give me a moment to savour it. Mmmmm!!
That is so funny. It's almost worthy of a sig.
Who told you that you are an "expert driver" then? Your mother?
And three years without a problem! Wow! You're a grizzled old veteran!

So, you can always get there in the snow in a car with well-worn tires/tyres? Well, I suppose you really must be a veteran, expert driver then.
I'm not calling you a liar but, well, you're lying.

As I already said, you claim to know your way around and so you know where the discount wheel and tire dealer web sites, and eBay, and the other used/auction web sites are, don't you?

"Would be rather expensive though. … I would strongly suspect I would need to get narrower winter rubber all round and that means new alloys that will go over M-Sport brakes. $$$$$"
and:
"..if you're a millionaire!"
Are those quotes good enough for you?
Like I said, winter wheels and tires seem to be too expensive for you.

"BMW keep sending me lovely offers but the cheapest they have (ugliest, too small to fit) *starts* at 700UKP. That's a lot of concrete!"
There's no mention of buying from anywhere other than BMW there, is there?
Was that quote good enough for you?

Oh, the irony ...

"I've got 255/35 ZR 18 on the back and max torque at virtually idling speed."
Is that quote good enough for you?
By the way, if you're enamoured with torque then you might be interested to know that some electric motors have *full* torque at *zero* RPM.
Maybe you should get yourself a Prius?

The M-Sport package is far more about cosmetics than performance. It mostly sells to boy racers and chuckleheads like you who think that they are expert drivers.

See above. Do your own work. If you're a smart lad then you'll pay between 25% and 50% of dealer/retail. That's what I do.
It's you that's blowing smoke here.

What a snappy comeback! Got any more like that?

So, when does your AOL free trial run out?

It worked in what way? Your entire posting output here could be considered "taunts" if your definition is simply, as it seems to be, "something that invites a response."

OK, so we've established that you got it wrong about Beemers. We'll let it go, OK?

Like I said, the bulk of what idiots like you pay for when buying BMWs with M-packages is cosmetics. But hey, if that's what turns you on then go for it. You are an "expert driver," after all.
And I already told you where to get good deals on wheels and tires. It's not my fault that you don't have the wit to look things up.

Sheesh! What is it you were you saying about reading things verbatim earlier?
Didn't you learn about sarcasm, metaphor and rhetoric in school?
Should I have couched my metaphor in terms of The Gorbals for you?

I've given you the answer more than once. It's just that you're too thick to see it. Either that, or you're just blustering on and on because you've realised that you've painted yourself into a corner and you can't see a way out.

If you mean the ability to chip away at what you say until nothing meaningful remains, then yes, I think we can agree.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:22:26 -0500, Dean Dark
<Snipped a whole lot of stuff>
You have proven your point many times and yet he is unwilling or incapable of understanding. He should be thankful that stupidity isn’t painful.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:22:26 -0500, Dean Dark

I thought I did, quite a few times, but it didn't work. Don't worry about it..really.

Police Class 1.

<couldn't be bothered reading the rest..sorry>

βœ–
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:44:57 +0000, Zathras

OK, then we'll put *that* one down to your (ahem) somewhat suspect memory as well.

And yet you drive in the snow on near-bald wide section summer tires?
I smell another porkie pie here.

Liar. You read it all. What you really mean is that you don't have any answers for any of it.
I expect that you'll pretend to kill file me next.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Been there... Done that... Didn't get out of the parking lot...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:19:54 +0000, Zathras

You know, the Winter tires themselves are "free" because, while you are using them, you are saving wear on your Summer tires. The only real expense are the extra set of rims.
Your BMW deserves tires that are optimized for the seasons.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I can see where you're coming from but the wear still costs money..it's not free.

βœ–

Yes, in much the same way that the best solution to the old domestic dispute about whether to squeeze the toothpaste tube from the end or the middle, whether or not to replace the cap, etc., is to each have one's own tube of toothpaste.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I have one word for you. One word. Are you listening to me? Plast....
err... I mean Hakkapellita. --scott

βœ–
On 15 Dec 2011 19:56:10 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Close, but no cigar. hakkapeliitta.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:59:45 -0500, Dean Dark

Thanks guys.

βœ–

I saw a programme that stated Britain and Ireland would become colder as Global Warming advanced due to the alteration of the flow of the Gulf Stream. It will divert more to the South, apparently.
David
Add pictures here
βœ–

There's nothing wrong with that.
It's comprised of a 100% decrease in Green House gases, along with an 80% *increase* in Blue House gases.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hey Zath ... you got a Psychotic Break from Reality as a natural result of child abuse. This can be fixed. The sooner you do it, the better life you will have. Otherwise it will kill you trying. I opt for plan 2 for you myself ... as you are unfit for children. Have to find a silver lining somewhere.
On 12/15/11 4:26 AM, Zathras wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 06:36:04 -0800, "Alan B. Mac Farlane"
Yo dude.

Just curious but, in your country, are you considered "a bit unusual" or "perfectly normal"? It's just that I'm planning my next summer break and would like to make an informed choice.

I bow to your superior knowledge of such matters. Previously, I had thought that the damage caused by child abuse would remain with the victim and perp for the remainder of their lives.

Are you on medication?

Too late.

Well, the weird sig is gone!
Anyway, good of you to respond to the issues I raised about your first post. Those points continue uncontested then?

βœ–

<scratching head> This is a good thing or a bad thing?
It makes perfect sense that the development of alternative technologies could be a cooperative operation.
I'm not getting the question...
<end scratching head>
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:47:05 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"

Ask SAAB (rip) or Fiat.

If the question is about technology exchange then the next question might be why GM had to pay Fiat 1.55 billion euros to get out of their deal. IIRC, the rumour was that Fiat got a bit hacked off sending lovely high tech diesel engines to GM only for them to send Fiat much less lovely petrol engines in return.

As long as BMW knows what it's doing, it'll be fine..er..?

βœ–