Google Groups Question

I can only post questions to this group from the computer that I origionally joined this group from. When I enter my Gmail account from another computer, I can send and recieve messages. I can open this group but the Start a New Topic selection is disabled and I get a request to register for the group. My registration request is alway refused (I have allready registered to get into my Gmail account.) What is going on here? Where is the correct place to be asking this question? Thanks Ray

Reply to
raybun

It's a newsgroup. Use a news server to access it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you have Windows just use the newsgroup reader in Outlook Express. You will have to get the setup information from your ISP.

Reply to
bmoag

If you are logged on to Google from your home computer, then you may not be able to log on to GoogleNews from a remote computer at the same time.

Lots of servers can only process requests for access from one location at a time. If you are logged into the system from one place, you will not be able to go to another location and log on again.

I do not use Google, so my guess is just that -- a guess.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Forgot to mention that I am using Firefox.

Reply to
raybun

I'm not sure that changes anything. I uninstalled FireFox from my machines because FF uses a NetScape coding scheme that at least one of my favorites refuses to support. My brother really likes FF and the tabs for the different sites, but I like to open multiple instances of IE and click the button(s) on the Status Bar.

To each his own, but I did not like FireFox (or Thunderbird) when I had them installed.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Found that Firefox is to blame

Reply to
raybun

It sure is popular but every time I try it it's a bleedin' disaster.

Try Opera. it utterly rawks ( opera.com )

Reply to
Richard Sexton