grey market 533i

I just found out (by sending my vin number to BMW) that my 533i is grey market, or not made for the US market. Does that mean that my car is actually different from the ones made for use here in North America? Is
it worth more? It is still quite peppy for an older car. I may just consider a bumper to bumper restoration if it is worth doing.

other things) that cause the autos to be anywhere from somewhat to significantly different. I wonder how it got into the US. The customs folks are supposed to impound such cars until they are modified to meet US regulations. Jim
The carfax records started in 1992. I had a brand new exhaust system put on...replaced both catalytic converters. I find my car peppier than others like mine...I bet that has something to do with it's intended market. It was forst registered in Palmdale, CA...military base. Does that make my car more interesting for the enthusiast?

It may have been brought back from Germany after a soldier's over sea duty ended?
--
*Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? *

In europe we never had the 533i, we had a Jetronic-L 528i and a Motronic 535i. I believe the 533i was only sold in the US (and Canada?).
USA and Japan only.
Brett Anderson KMS
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland