Hard Starting

I have a 1988 BMW 325ic. When I first start it in the morning it takes about 6-8 seconds of cranking before the engine turns over and starts. If I shut it down an restart it in a few minutes it works fine. If I leave it off for an hour or so it takes 6-8 seconds of cranking before it starts again. Where should I look to fix this problem?

Reply to
Jim Gordon

Loss of rest pressure due to a bad checkvalve is common and is located near the fuel pump.

Reply to
Mr. 6 2 U

Or a bad cold start injector or temp sensor.

Reply to
JimV

I had this exact problem on my 87 325i, its was a leaky injector causing 2 problems it would slowly flood the engine, also, when cranking you will have to build the fuel pressure right up again. I replaced the injectors and the problem went away instantly. Could also be old/cracked rubber fuel lines. replace them if they look bad. Just get some

8mm hose rated to atleast 3 bar and its any easy fix.
Reply to
tado