HARD TO START

HELP WITH STARTING PROBLEM

88 735IL WITH 145000 MILES IS HARD TO START ENGINE TURNS OVER FOR A LONG TIME.I CHANGED THE FUEL PUMP, FUEL PUMP RELAY, IGNITION COIL, COLD START SENSOR, CRANCK SENSOR, BUT STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I WANT TO KEEP THE CAR IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I'LL APRECIATE IT. THANKS, MARC
Reply to
MARC

Marc,

Since you're shotgunning it (shooting parts at it hoping one will fix the problem) - you might as well replace the fuel-pressure-regulator. It serves as a check valve on the fuel system to keep it pressurized when you stop the engine so you don't have to wait for the fuel pump to re-pressurize the system before it will start.

Or - you could actually ask about diagnostics..

Does it restart quickly? Is this only a problem with cold starts or does it do this ALL the time (like if it's running, you shut it off and then immediately go to restart it - does it do it then?)

BTW - YELLING AT PEOPLE BY USING ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED RUDE AND LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL JUST IGNORE YOUR MESSAGE..

See how rude that sounded?

Reply to
admin

THANKS I HAD ALSO CHANGE THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. IT DOESN'T START IN THE MORNING AND ALSO WHEN ITS HOT. YOU CAN SHUT IT AND IT WILL STRAT RIGHT AWAY SOMETIME.

Reply to
MARC

ok since you don't seem to get the clue on all-caps, i'll ignore the shift key also.

have you actually checked the fuel pressure on the car - both with the fuel pump running and after you turn it off. this would be sort of a logical step to take before throwing $$$ at it in parts.

you might have an ignition problem, a fuel-delivery problem, or something else, but without some diagnostics on your part it will be near impossible to tell you what to do.

do you know how to check for spark? do you know how to test fuel pressure? do you know where your shift-lock key is?

Reply to
admin