Have you replaced an AT Cooler?

I'm conditioning myself to replace my AT cooler on a 1995 325i. It's leaking somewhere. Some people say it might just be the O-ring but garages are saying it's the AT cooler itself. However nobody did a real look at it as it is covered by the fan in front, plastic at the bottom, and radiator at the rear.

The garages are estimating CAN$280 for the unit and about CAN$200 for labour. Given, that I'm imagining it's about a 2 hour work.

I looked at it yesterday and it seem that it could slide out from the top only if perhaps I loosen the radiator and push it back. I can be wrong because of the labor cost being charged on this.

Is it a straightforward replacement and then just add up more AT oil to compensate the oil left in the old cooler? If you have done this can you please provide any input.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
bimbim