Have your say? Why bmw?

Page 1 of 2
with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

RWD, was told of fantastic drivers car, handling too

Yup. If you prefer RWD there's little other choice on a limited budget. Of the few there are, choosing a BMW is a no-brainer. Mike.

All my cars have been RWD, thats a must...but then i have have much cash so for years always had old Celicas, bags of cheap fun
That depends. If one is prepared to drop one's blinkers there is the three-pointed star (despite your implication...).
DAS
"Mike G" < snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
news:44e60025$0$3183$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

You're not gonna go tear-assing aruond in a Mercedes (unless it's a high maintenance 190 16v). It's a whole nother smoke.
Get one of each I say.
There was an expression in Germany (don't know if still used):
A BMW is the car for a man going places.
A Merc is the car for the man who has arrived.
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:ecda6o$cqt$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

Eh. You need both. Sometimes you really feel like taking one of the other and it's interesting to me the different feeling you get sitting behind the wheel of these two different cars - as opposed to sitting behind the wheel of some shitbox like a ford focus or a toyota which seems to sort of whine "can we get this over with" at you.
I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.
One Focus was a 4-door (as opposed to hatchback) and it looked so DULL I felt like nodding off every time I had to get in... (but still nicely built etc - was Ghia version).
Had an Opel Meriva the other week with a very nice td engine. But oh, was I glad I have RWD at home. Put my foot down hard and boy, what a starting drag on the steering wheel. Maybe it's just an Opel/Vauxhall problem or just a problem of a badly-adjusted car, but I din't like it one bit.
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:ecfas2$eei$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

My parents, in their 70s, have a focus. The first thing me and my kids notice is how much faster it goes when my folks aren't in the car. I suppose it's capable and gets good milage and all byt my god is it dull and numb.
BTW, re FWD I meant to say, "what a startLing drag on the steering wheel".
When I am inside a Focus the view out isn't that much different from other cars, which is why I mourn the passing of the upright star on so many Merc models. My CLK Cab is the last of its line, for example. The new model already has a stuck-on star. Also, on older models with less-sloping bonnets the stars are much easier to see. What one has to tolerate in the interests of the Cw value....
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:eckvbp$g3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...
Richard Sexton wrote:

Is it really that much more dull than, say... a Honda Civic (which is all the rage with the younger folks)?
--
-Fred W

God yes. Hondas are a blast.
Unfortunately they don't feature on Avis car lists in Europe or Middle East...
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:ectigi$idd$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...
Hi Dori,
Please allow me jump in I just reading your former message and noted you are garment buyer in your market. I would like to recommend myself that we are garment supplier from China, we can do perfect woven garment items in good FOB price, if you feel there has any chance for our our business cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact with me under snipped-for-privacy@tiger-garment.com, any enquiry will be reply. thanks
Best regards Joe
Dori A Schmetterling 写道:

I am?
How did you work that out?
DAS
< snipped-for-privacy@tiger-garment.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

What has nationality got to do with it? Does anyone buy a car by where it's made or who owns the company these days?
--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

i said why out of all german cars did you choose bmw, i didnt say why did you choose a german car, other countries produce other types of cars, havn't you notice? german are more into the sides of richness with leather trim wood grain, cars arnt particurly quick, arnt really meant for speed but can, but we all know why their known mostly for. As for other countrys they have their own style, i asked why you choose that specific car out of germany.

And there is no such thing as a 'German car type'.

So a Jaguar doesn't have rich wood and leather trim? Or a Porsche isn't made for speed?

I wonder why?
--
*Virtual reality is its own reward*

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

you are more facinated in debating, as E-Brown showed, he understood what i was saying.
please....