Have your say? Why bmw?

Definitely a lack of education.

Poor grasp of language and spelling. Can't express himself without resorting to bad language.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

You're not gonna go tear-assing aruond in a Mercedes (unless it's a high maintenance 190 16v). It's a whole nother smoke.

Get one of each I say.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Add to that a provincial knowledge of cars. German cars he's seen the US might well all have 'leather trim wood grain' (although I doubt it), but in other countries BMW and M-B are used as taxis with cloth or vinyl upholstery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

lack of education, i find it funny that you flatter your self with your own intelligence over a topic such as bmw, big deal if you claim to know about bmw's.

the lack of education was from your parents to teach you the calling others dumb was a great thing.

i feel sorry for you that you have some insecurity issues. that you have to feel superior then others by calling them dumb

theirs doctors out their who can help you.

Reply to
ggslash

Heh heh. Read the thread. You were the first one to slip into insults.

But until you learn the protocol of posting expect even more...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

why would i insult? ask your self, because your self flattering remarks are pathetic, and also if that head gets any bigger you can make ya own country.

Reply to
ggslash

There was an expression in Germany (don't know if still used):

A BMW is the car for a man going places.

A Merc is the car for the man who has arrived.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I don't think anyone was calling anyone "dumb". In a written forum nobody -- unless personally familiar with said person -- can tell if anyone is unable to speak or not...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Termites would have got at my 633 then. There aint no wood nowhere except in the drivers head.

BMW and MB are more alike that say, Audi or Porsche. MB's are made more for comfort and BMW"s made more for performance, but do not underestimate the comfort of a BMW or performance on an MB. The similarities also extend to what comes as standard on models throughout the price range. The big cars (MB S class, BMW 7 series) always have wood. The smaller and cheaper cars, less to none although this is also a function of time - older cars seems to have more as do very new ones.

There is also the phenomenon that (and I don't know how this works with BMW but suspect it follows the MB model) where only a small percentage of the models made are brought in by the american imported and typically only the higher end ones that comes with lots of goodies only found as options in Germany. People make a big deal of a benz in the US. It's the moral equivalent of a Chevy in Germany. It's just a car there.

I've always associated a heavy use of wood in car interiors with British cars, not German ones.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I must admit to some degree of puzzlement when seeing "leather" etc and "German" in association in the same sentence. Whilst, of course, they do have it, it is more common to think of 'English' cars in this connection, especially if the words "luxurious" or "sumptious" are brought into play. Ownership of the marque is neither here nor there as the present owners seem to want to continue the tradition started decades ago.

I have a fairly upmarket model from one of the said German brands with leather seats and wood trim. The leather is actually quite nice but the wood trim definitely looks like it came out of a plastics molding machine. The overall effect is nowhere near the 'drawing room luxury' of a Jag or Bentley.

Actually the main reason I have leather is because I was advised to get it in view of the car being a cab (riolet, not taxi-) and leather being more weather-resistant.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Eh. You need both. Sometimes you really feel like taking one of the other and it's interesting to me the different feeling you get sitting behind the wheel of these two different cars - as opposed to sitting behind the wheel of some shitbox like a ford focus or a toyota which seems to sort of whine "can we get this over with" at you.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

This is rich...

Reply to
Fred W

I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.

One Focus was a 4-door (as opposed to hatchback) and it looked so DULL I felt like nodding off every time I had to get in... (but still nicely built etc - was Ghia version).

Had an Opel Meriva the other week with a very nice td engine. But oh, was I glad I have RWD at home. Put my foot down hard and boy, what a starting drag on the steering wheel. Maybe it's just an Opel/Vauxhall problem or just a problem of a badly-adjusted car, but I din't like it one bit.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

My parents, in their 70s, have a focus. The first thing me and my kids notice is how much faster it goes when my folks aren't in the car. I suppose it's capable and gets good milage and all byt my god is it dull and numb.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

BTW, re FWD I meant to say, "what a startLing drag on the steering wheel".

When I am inside a Focus the view out isn't that much different from other cars, which is why I mourn the passing of the upright star on so many Merc models. My CLK Cab is the last of its line, for example. The new model already has a stuck-on star. Also, on older models with less-sloping bonnets the stars are much easier to see. What one has to tolerate in the interests of the Cw value....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Is it really that much more dull than, say... a Honda Civic (which is all the rage with the younger folks)?

Reply to
Fred W

God yes. Hondas are a blast.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Unfortunately they don't feature on Avis car lists in Europe or Middle East...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Hi Dori,

Please allow me jump in I just reading your former message and noted you are garment buyer in your market. I would like to recommend myself that we are garment supplier from China, we can do perfect woven garment items in good FOB price, if you feel there has any chance for our our business cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact with me under snipped-for-privacy@tiger-garment.com, any enquiry will be reply. thanks

Best regards Joe

Dori A Schmetterling =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
joe

I am?

How did you work that out?