Have your say? Why bmw?

Page 2 of 2

You're a prime example of what's wrong with education today.
--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

and your a prime example of an asshole
Definitely a lack of education.
Poor grasp of language and spelling. Can't express himself without resorting to bad language.
DAS
"ggslash" <large snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Add to that a provincial knowledge of cars. German cars he's seen the US might well all have 'leather trim wood grain' (although I doubt it), but in other countries BMW and M-B are used as taxis with cloth or vinyl upholstery.
--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

lack of education, i find it funny that you flatter your self with your own intelligence over a topic such as bmw, big deal if you claim to know about bmw's.
the lack of education was from your parents to teach you the calling others dumb was a great thing.
i feel sorry for you that you have some insecurity issues. that you have to feel superior then others by calling them dumb
theirs doctors out their who can help you.

Heh heh. Read the thread. You were the first one to slip into insults.
But until you learn the protocol of posting expect even more...
--
*Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

why would i insult? ask your self, because your self flattering remarks are pathetic, and also if that head gets any bigger you can make ya own country.
I don't think anyone was calling anyone "dumb". In a written forum nobody -- unless personally familiar with said person -- can tell if anyone is unable to speak or not...
DAS
"ggslash" <large snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
ggslash wrote:

This is rich...
--
-Fred W

Termites would have got at my 633 then. There aint no wood nowhere except in the drivers head.
BMW and MB are more alike that say, Audi or Porsche. MB's are made more for comfort and BMW"s made more for performance, but do not underestimate the comfort of a BMW or performance on an MB. The similarities also extend to what comes as standard on models throughout the price range. The big cars (MB S class, BMW 7 series) always have wood. The smaller and cheaper cars, less to none although this is also a function of time - older cars seems to have more as do very new ones.
There is also the phenomenon that (and I don't know how this works with BMW but suspect it follows the MB model) where only a small percentage of the models made are brought in by the american imported and typically only the higher end ones that comes with lots of goodies only found as options in Germany. People make a big deal of a benz in the US. It's the moral equivalent of a Chevy in Germany. It's just a car there.
I've always associated a heavy use of wood in car interiors with British cars, not German ones.
I must admit to some degree of puzzlement when seeing "leather" etc and "German" in association in the same sentence. Whilst, of course, they do have it, it is more common to think of 'English' cars in this connection, especially if the words "luxurious" or "sumptious" are brought into play. Ownership of the marque is neither here nor there as the present owners seem to want to continue the tradition started decades ago.
I have a fairly upmarket model from one of the said German brands with leather seats and wood trim. The leather is actually quite nice but the wood trim definitely looks like it came out of a plastics molding machine. The overall effect is nowhere near the 'drawing room luxury' of a Jag or Bentley.
Actually the main reason I have leather is because I was advised to get it in view of the car being a cab (riolet, not taxi-) and leather being more weather-resistant.
DAS
"Dave Plowman (News)" < snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

    Wow. I don't think the Germany on our planet is the same as the one you're discussing.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
I'm still wondering every time I have to touch that f***ing I-thing in the central console. Drives great. Lousy cupholders.

TBH I can't see their purpose. I would never drive with a cup of liquid in them, and if you're stationary who needs them. If they provided somewhere to put a cup that is otherwise non existant OK, but the front holders in my E39 are hardly necessary IMO. Mike.
ggslash wrote:

My daughter lives in England and loves her BMW. She loves the RWD, and remarks on how great the car is in handling as well. I live in the US and I am very tempted to buy a BMW for myself, not sure what model yet. Helen

Wow a girl understanding RWD over a FWD..never seen that before, not much differance in normal driving but for pleasure i only like RWD....my old beemer gave me pleasure from the minute i had her, not many cars have done that, even much more powerful ones...infact my old tiny dead underpowerd car was fun.
Jules wrote:

Thanks, I taught her everything she knows about cars, she's only 21, but it's invaluable to know these things especially being so far away from home. We're both Beemer fans. Helen
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

A nice blue one? ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

For sure!! It has to be a blue one! :^)

Because I (still) cannot afford myself a Porsch.
-- carpe noctem t.