headlights on all day

Page 2 of 5

What /IS/ the UN's job? Last time I checked, the UN was useless, anyway.
--
Ioannis
-------
Ioannis wrote:

To dither around for a week trying to decide whether to *strongly reprimand* or *firmly censure* North Korea, as it seems.

Did they do the same when the US last tested a nuclear device?
--
*Always drink upstream from the herd *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Hoogeeze, here we go with your little smug Brit routine again. Do us all a favour: Just call me a Nazi, trigger Godwin's Law and let's end the thread.

Perhaps you should have mentally done that before *you* made such a contentious comment on a group were it's OT.
--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film *

Prior art: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm !000%40gryphon.COM
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

When did that occur?

Sometime in the 1960s?
However Nagasaki was some test wasn't it?
Sir Hugh of Bognor

The US tested from around '45 to '62 some 1054 devices. So North Korea might have quite some way to go to catch up.
--
*It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats*

Actually, 1962 was the last year for US atmospheric tests, but underground testing apparently went on for another 30 years!
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/index.html
Tom K.
Dave Plowman wrote...

Kim Jong-il may well not represent a safe pair of hands to hold a Nuclear capability but I can see some confusion arising from the assumption that GW Bush does!
David

Eggsactly. ;-)
Of course you could argue there are no 'safe hands' for a nuclear capability.
--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

London SW

There were underground tests in Nevada long after 62.
So the members of this group are in general agreement that if the UN was given the job of resolving differences between SAE and EU code lighting standards they would hand that job over to North Korea. Or did I miss something?
Richard.

Sounds like you got it.
The UN is as corrupt as Ohio speed trap town.

The US Department of Commerce is worse.

Good summation of the "discussion" to date.
Isn't this a.a.b? I know some clown cross-posted it, but come on!
Enjoy the excursion. You don't have to be on the vehicle (BMW or otherwise, with or without lights), though...
DAS
"Toby" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.netspam> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
good grief, this thread is *still* going on?????