Heater / blower for bmw 320 i 1994 Coupe?

A garage has just charged me 170+VAT for this part. Is that correct??
Also total bill was 345 inc air filter change and just under 2 hours labour. I have A/C.
Should this be the last time I use them?
Lordy

I'd have gotten a used one from a scrappy, likely 20 quid.

I recently had my a/c regassed by a mobile guy in a van, cost me 70 quid.

The killer was the cost of the new fan. If you deduct that you're left with about 150 inc. vat or 125ish ex. vat. Allowing 35 and hour labour means the a/c regass cost 55 exc. labour.
So they've not ripped you off. Had you supplied a used fan yourself you'd have saved big time.
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:16:04 +0000, John Burns wrote:

Year. I got a used rear diff and saved a few bob. Its just that the blower went two days ago and I have to do a lot of motoway driving over the next couple of days and combined with the recent temp drop , misting windows etc I didnt take the time to research properly :(
I'll have to take this one on the chin. My first mortgage payment due next month too :(
Lordy