HELP! I set off the SRS light e32

I was repalcing bulbs in my console & I forgot to hook up the SRS connector before putting power back on.
Now the srs light is blinking non stop.
How can I reset it so it stops blinking?
Thank you
Jason
Jason Tripp wrote:

Go on ebay, buy the Peake reset tool, use it, resell it on ebay.
-jim
There's no peake reset tool for e32's.. The peake for e32 only does service & oil -- not srs. am I mistaken?
I guess it won't hurt for Jason to look; but I did a quick search & didn't find them for hte e32's.
Cheers -josh

I think you'll have to go to the dealer to have it reset; leaving the battery unplugged, or using a reset tool won't do it on the e32.

I went down to a Import Parts house and they reset mine for free.
do you know what they did? I'm just curious now that I know that it's not as easily done as the 94+ bmw's...

They used a reset tool. Plugged it in and a few seconds later...light was off.
Blake
Well; as I like to take care of my own general maintence -- I've been searching for a tool to reset the SRS light -- I only found a $2,500 US tool... I've been searching -- and for kicks I called the dealer -- they won't just "reset it" they need to "diagnose" it. WOuldn't give me a price.

Josh Assing wrote:

Josh,
Did you tell them that you know why the light is on. That you caused it when performing maintenance at home? They still would not reset it for you? I'd find a more empathetic service place...
--
-Fred W

I'll try that. Maybe I'll ask when I go in on monday for some some door lock issues...

Depending on the year your e32 is, this may work... http://www.peakeresearch.com/srstool.htm .
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
I saw in one of the mags an ad for a peake tool "Brand New" "1990-2000" "resets SRS"
So I called them, the ad was wrong for the pre-94 cars... They said to check back with them in 4 months; they're working on it...
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:39:47 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

Josh Assing wrote:

I think I saw the same ad in Roundell. I read it closely though and I think you could interpret it this way; It will read the codes and reset the Service Inspection lights on the full range of years. But it will only reset the SRS on the post '94 cars. I've been considering one myself...
--
-Fred W

You can't. The SRS has to go to the mechanic to get the circuit reset. The dealer can do it, but he gets a king's ransom for his effort -- lift the hood, connect the diagnostic tool, press a few buttons, disconnect the tool, lower the hood. You really should develop a relationship with an independent BMW mechanic, and he should be able to reset the light for free after changing the oil ...

Talked to our subaru mechanic.... he said to call Rolfs Dunno where Jason is -- but if it's in the tacoma area -- Rolf's quoted me $50

I think that if the guy gets to do an oil change, he will reset the light for free. This gives a bit more work for one's 50 bucks.

Found a tool; pricey @ 150, but it resets the SRS light on 88-01 bmw's with large connectors...
ASSENMACHER 5413A - BMW AST5413A