HELP! I set off the SRS light e32

I was repalcing bulbs in my console & I forgot to hook up the SRS connector before putting power back on.

Now the srs light is blinking non stop.

How can I reset it so it stops blinking?

Thank you

Jason

Reply to
Jason Tripp

Go on ebay, buy the Peake reset tool, use it, resell it on ebay.

-jim

Reply to
JimV

There's no peake reset tool for e32's.. The peake for e32 only does service & oil -- not srs. am I mistaken?

I guess it won't hurt for Jason to look; but I did a quick search & didn't find them for hte e32's.

Cheers

-josh

Josh Assing

I think you'll have to go to the dealer to have it reset; leaving the battery unplugged, or using a reset tool won't do it on the e32.

Josh Assing

I went down to a Import Parts house and they reset mine for free.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Josh Assing

They used a reset tool. Plugged it in and a few seconds later...light was off.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Josh Assing

Josh,

Did you tell them that you know why the light is on. That you caused it when performing maintenance at home? They still would not reset it for you? I'd find a more empathetic service place...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Depending on the year your e32 is, this may work...

. Kyle.

98 740iL 01 525i
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

I'll try that. Maybe I'll ask when I go in on monday for some some door lock issues...

Josh Assing

I saw in one of the mags an ad for a peake tool "Brand New" "1990-2000" "resets SRS"

So I called them, the ad was wrong for the pre-94 cars... They said to check back with them in 4 months; they're working on it...

Josh Assing

You can't. The SRS has to go to the mechanic to get the circuit reset. The dealer can do it, but he gets a king's ransom for his effort -- lift the hood, connect the diagnostic tool, press a few buttons, disconnect the tool, lower the hood. You really should develop a relationship with an independent BMW mechanic, and he should be able to reset the light for free after changing the oil ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Josh Assing

I think I saw the same ad in Roundell. I read it closely though and I think you could interpret it this way; It will read the codes and reset the Service Inspection lights on the full range of years. But it will only reset the SRS on the post '94 cars. I've been considering one myself...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I think that if the guy gets to do an oil change, he will reset the light for free. This gives a bit more work for one's 50 bucks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Found a tool; pricey @ 150, but it resets the SRS light on 88-01 bmw's with large connectors...

ASSENMACHER 5413A - BMW AST5413A