Help needed please - advice on BMW wheels

Can anyone tell me if a set of alloys from 1996 7 series E38 shape with tyre size 235/60/16 will fit straight on to my 1994 525 TD E34 shape with tyre
size 195/65/15. Thanks in advance

Probably - try one - if not buy a bigger hammer
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

Unfortunatley I haven't got the wheels yet - I need to know before I buy them.

You have to take the old wheels off first. ha ha :-)
Yes they should physically fit but to be on the safe side check the widths, the offset and work out the extra diameter of the tyre.
Go to eBay and do a search for BMW OEM E38 WHEELS. The hit list should include the E34 for the donor wheels to fit.
As a matter of fitment, a 195/60x15 works out to a nearly exact match to a 225/50x16. The 235/60s will wreak havoc with the speedo and may give you problems with the fender openings.

Ebay is the last place I'd trust to give info on what fits what.

Ebay is the last place I'd trust to give info on what fits what.
<JS> I agree if there is only one hit. If there are several hits from different vendors, then I begin to trust that all of them will not be complete idiots. Some might not know their ass from a hole in the ground, but people that make a living selling this sort of thing will not make much for very long if they don't know what their product fits.
I do not know if the 7 Series wheels fit the 5 Series cars, or not, but surely the people that sell the wheel sets will know. </JS>