Help please! - front wheel arch plastic pins

Hi. Has anyone taken out the front wheel arch liners? Towards the rear outside edge there are 3 pins which I've tried taking out. They won't pull out but I managed to get one out - it looks like a plastic rivet
which must go into an opposite inside. As you might imagine - when it came out *something* dropped inside. Can anyone help? Can I order these pins? All help gratefully received. Thanks. Roy in UK

p.s. -it's an E46 coupe

Have a look here for the part No:- http://www.realoem.com/bmw / and order them from your local BMW dealer. Mike.