Hi everyone I need some input on ignition

I noticed recently that when i start my car, it always takes multiple times to start the ignition. It is a stick 525i 2002 in good condition. I put the clutch down and try to start it with no sound,
however on the second try it will always work. Does anyone have any idea why it would act like this? It NEVER works on the first crank anymore but will start on the second or third crank. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks