high mileage 530d (170k miles)? any good

Just to go further OT, you might find a reference to small UK police cars being called 'Pandas'. Started when they decided to motorise local police who before might have been on push bikes. They used light blue Morris Minors with the doors painted white.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I remember it well. Before that police cars were proper, big cars like Jaguars, Humbers, Wolseleys and Austin Westminsters. I remember there was quite a fuss about panda cars spelling the end of PC Plod on foot or on his bicycle, especially in rural areas.

I don't think we need to spin Mr. Ditzy's crank any faster just now though.

Reply to
Dean Dark