High speed runaway

so I see the runaway driver has been arrested............he obviously could not keep quiet.

Reply to
OhNo

kaptain kaos

"kaptain kaos" wrote

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Reply to
Richard

Whatta wuss!

140 kph is all of, what 100 mph? If he can't control his car without power assist, he needs to work out a bit. I can't believe the cops did not tell him to just turn point it straight and turn it off. A pretty funny read, though :)

- - Rex B

Pete wrote:

Rex B

Etter en stund uttalte Rex B følgende:

It was 140 mph, aprox 220 kph.

Reply to
Hans Petter Nenseth

It was a 318 automatic. I don't believe it could go that fast.

Reply to
Rex B

"Richard" wrote

Reckless driving and maybe obstruction of justice... no idea. I wish the OP would post a link to some article as opposed to just making a statement.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

On suspicion of dangerous driving. The car was examined and nothing was found to support his claim that the throttle had stuck open. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

OhNo

OhNo

In the US/Canada, the E36 318's are electronically limited to 120 mph. There's still enough horsepower to go faster, at least in the manual version, so it's a bit of a shock when the engine suddely drops off at 120.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Sanderson

"OhNo" wrote

Thanks. Although it doesn't say anything about him not keeping quiet. It appears the police have made the assumption based on the fact that there was nothing wrong with the car itself.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

and the highway patrol are only 300 yards behind and gaining...

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

It is odd. Assuming he was deliberately speeding, why would he be on the phone telling the police. Perhaps he would never have been seen at that speed....once he crashed it might take a lot of forensic work to reconstruct the speed. (Does anybody bother?)

Last week I drove to Rouen (and back) from London and was able to exceed an indicated 120 mph on a quiet bit of French motorway. Only for a few seconds, but still...

Or maybe he saw a police car and thought he would take an initiative.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling