High speed runaway

so I see the runaway driver has been arrested............he obviously could not keep quiet.

????????????????????

"kaptain kaos" wrote

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid 800417&method=full&siteidf633&headline=my-sixty-mile-terror-ride-in-runaway-bmw--name_page.html
Pete
Whatta wuss! 140 kph is all of, what 100 mph? If he can't control his car without power assist, he needs to work out a bit. I can't believe the cops did not tell him to just turn point it straight and turn it off. A pretty funny read, though :)
- - Rex B
Pete wrote:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid 800417&method=full&siteidf633&headline=my-sixty-mile-terror-ride-in-runaway-bmw--name_page.html
Etter en stund uttalte Rex B flgende:

It was 140 mph, aprox 220 kph.
--
Sleipe fisker, slimler, glade lakser
Alle reker rundt i newsakvariet
Hans Petter Nenseth wrote:

It was a 318 automatic. I don't believe it could go that fast.

In the US/Canada, the E36 318's are electronically limited to 120 mph. There's still enough horsepower to go faster, at least in the manual version, so it's a bit of a shock when the engine suddely drops off at 120.
Tom.

and the highway patrol are only 300 yards behind and gaining...

Arrested for what?

"Richard" wrote

Reckless driving and maybe obstruction of justice... no idea. I wish the OP would post a link to some article as opposed to just making a statement.
Pete

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/5094840.stm
"OhNo" wrote

Thanks. Although it doesn't say anything about him not keeping quiet. It appears the police have made the assumption based on the fact that there was nothing wrong with the car itself.
Pete

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4796264.stm

On suspicion of dangerous driving. The car was examined and nothing was found to support his claim that the throttle had stuck open. Mike.
It is odd. Assuming he was deliberately speeding, why would he be on the phone telling the police. Perhaps he would never have been seen at that speed....once he crashed it might take a lot of forensic work to reconstruct the speed. (Does anybody bother?)
Last week I drove to Rouen (and back) from London and was able to exceed an indicated 120 mph on a quiet bit of French motorway. Only for a few seconds, but still...
Or maybe he saw a police car and thought he would take an initiative.
DAS
"Mike G" < snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
news:449758c8$0$979$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...