High than normal oil pressure.......

My E30 318iS with 185k normally ticks along nicely at 2.0 bar oil pressure when cruising. Lately it's doing 2.5 bar, nearer 3.0 with colder oil (Mobil 1). Car never sees town traffic and often gets to see
the fun side of 5k rpm ;-)
I'm guessing the oil pressure relief valve is sticking and I'm thinking of running an oil flush at the next change.
Not that 2.5 bar is a worrying pressure in itself, but what could it be a symptom of?
Any comments?

Jim

A faulty oil pressure sending unit will give an incorrect reading as well.