Honking sound

I've recently noticed, perhaps because my windows are open in the Springtime air, that my 2000 323i makes a little honking noise upon acceleration. The only time it's noticeable when driving is when I first take off from a stop. honk.

I also noticed a little honk when I stated it, and a little honk when I shut it down, as the RPM's dropped from idle to zero.

It's running fine, as far as I can tell...

Reply to
dizzy

Probably cracked cyclone filter (Crankcase ventilation/oil seperating valve or something? See:

, the pipes connected to the filter may need to be changed aswell. Parts cheap, but it's quite a tedious job (3-4 hours labour). Brian

Reply to
Brian Lam