Honking sound

I've recently noticed, perhaps because my windows are open in the Springtime air, that my 2000 323i makes a little honking noise upon acceleration. The only time it's noticeable when driving is when I
first take off from a stop. honk.
I also noticed a little honk when I stated it, and a little honk when I shut it down, as the RPM's dropped from idle to zero.
It's running fine, as far as I can tell...
Probably cracked cyclone filter (Crankcase ventilation/oil seperating valve or something? See: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AM32&mospidG638&btnr _2194 &hg&fg), the pipes connected to the filter may need to be changed as well. Parts cheap, but it's quite a tedious job (3-4 hours labour).
Brian
On 3/30/07 1:11 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,