Hood Emblem 2001 530i

Does anyone know how to replace a hood emblem on a 2001 530? The emblem has partially pealed off and needs to be replaced? Is it necessary to replace
the entire medallion? Or can a new decal be affixed? Replacing just the decal would seem to require precision to avoid bubbles and creases.

They are held in by friction, two pins go through the metalwork beneath.
User a small screwdriver to pry it off and a towel to protect the paintwork. New ones are pretty cheap.

If it's the same as earlier models, the whole badge is replaced. It is retained by 2 pins at the back which are a light press fit into 2 plastic bushes fitted in the bonnet. It is easily removed by carefully levering behind the the badge. Both sides together, taking care not to damage the paintwork. The new one is simply pressed in. A 5 minute job at most. Purists might say you need to replace the plastic bushes, but I've replaced both boot and bonnet badges on my E39, and both fit quite tightly with the old bushes. The pins BTW are in the horizontal plane. Mike.