Horrible miss in my 86 735i

my 735i has a miss at idle and between 40 and 70 mph. I have changed plugs,wires,fuel filter,air filter, i took the injectors out and cleaned them but it still misses anybody have any idea what the prob is? Also my front vents dont blow air only the defrost does ?

Reply to
chefj
70 mph at idle, cool! How about rotor, distributer cap, burnt/leaking valve, broken rocker arm?

Cheers

Reply to
Weird

Or overfilled the oil?

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

The front vents not blowing air could be a frozen air control unit (not sure on actual name). Its a $500 part and is mechanical with a servo. It changes the air flow direction from front vents to defrost. Its part of the interior air recycling system. The whole dash has to come off to get to it.

I had this problem on my six when i bought it with 70k on it. It now has 160k and continues to work fine, so its pretty much a 1 time fix...

Reply to
Dru Abrams