How can i stop my leather from wearing! cracks appearing! :(

Hello all,
I am the proud owner of a nice 325ci which is a 2001 model E46 and the leather is starting to wear.
i have seen cracks type lines appearing and if i scratch the leather in
the worsened area it peels! :( Its on the egde of the seat which gets rubbed against when entering and leaving the car.
I live in the UK go if you could name me brands and treatments that are or could be availible here, then that would be great!
Can you help?
Thank you

Get a litre of neatsfoot oil from anywhere horsey, it's REALLY cheap and much better than anything in Halfords. Paint it on and let it soak into warmish leather before buffing off a few hours later.

Bah. Petrolium based, it will dry out your leather long term.
Leatherique(.com) is the only stuff to use.
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:36:28 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

    epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

Hmm. no UK distributor yet. There's one in Norway though,
    http://leatherique.com/distributors.htm
Find the Rolls Royce poeple. They're by far the largest users of this stuff.

Gliptone

Their cleaner is good. But last time I checked the hide food was expensive. I've used neatsfoot for years and it's never dried out leather. It was recommended to me by a professional upholsterer who had 50 years in the business.

It works if youkeep using it, but when you stop it'll dry out. Leatheriqie feeds, rather than presevres the leather. It aint cheap, true, but if you have to buy new seat lethers it's suddenly real cheap by comparison.

http://www.irishhomemaker.ie/ about twice a year.
Clean first, allow to dry fully and then apply. I put it on quite heavily with a sponge. let it soak in, usually 24hours. any excess can be rmoved with a soft towel.
areas of higher wear, like the bolsters, i do about 4 times a year in all.
the leather and stitching has remainied supple, with no peeling. slight lines tend to diminsh after this leather "feed"
keith '93 E30 Cabrio.

Leather is meant to wear. It is very tough, and can last a long time, but it will not look new. Treatments that some others have suggested are a good idea, but be resigned to the fact that your leather will not look new forever. And why would you want it to? One of the main advantages of leather is that it ages gracefully.