How difficult to change thermostat in 94 525???

Hello all:
I am reasonably adept at mechanics and have performed routine maintenance on a number of my vehicles over the years. However, for my own prior 4 Bimmers I always used professional services.
Someone asked me to replace the thermostat in their 94 525 and I need to know if its reasonably doable? Other than draining the coolant and using sealer when reassembling, are there any "tricks" to performing this feat?
Thanks in advance all.

You don't need to drain the coolant and you don't need to use sealer; the tolerances on the thing are so tight they lock together without any need for it. The whole job should take less than ten minutes. --scott