How do I access the cabin air filter for 94 BMW 318i?

I purchased a new cabin air filter for my 1994 BMW 318i at the dealer and was told it is located under the panel beneath the glove box. Well, I removed the panel and nothing there looks remotely like it would house the
filter. Can someone out there provide either a schematic or detailed instructions on how I can access the old filter to replace it with the new? One would think it was a whole lot more obvious considering the size of this filter. Thanks for any assistance. Kavalair

http://www.autopartsource.com/catalog/7704.pdf
See page 42.
After reading this procedure, I feel blessed that my air filter is accessed via a hatch in front of the firewall...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

I have a '94 and an '02 3 Series. The '02 is way easier to replace the filter. That's W-A-Y easier.
The filter lives in a box directly behind the center console. You remove the kick plate under the glove box (left-hand drive cars, I'm not sure if right-hand drive is the same). You might need to remove the rack that holds the relays too. There is a twist-lock on the cover on the end of the housing that holds the filter. You will probably need a flashlight to see what you are doing because all of the crap down there is black plastic.