How do I remove door panels on 1993 e34?

I am getting ready to rehab our 1993 525 (M50 motor) and need some assistance so I can speed up the process.
I will be removing the interior, rear door panels to replace the window
motors and regulators.
What is the best method for removing the door panels without breaking any retaining clips or such?
I am posting other questions since I have one week to replace the hood, grille, front left fender, windshield washer reservoir, valve cover gasket, ashtray frame, rear window motors and regulators, driver's seat belt receiver, rear right door seal, and wheels.
Thanks,
---Walt
--
wmjsplace
wmjsplace wrote:

It's actually almost impossible to remove the interior door panels without breaking some of the plastic clips - especially as the car gets older. Go to BMW before removing it and buy spares - quite a few actually. They're cheap.
Then - (from memory - haven't owned an E34 in about 8 years now) - there is a plastic push in cover on the armrest. Remove cover, there is a screw behind it. Remove the screw. Remove the screw behind the little handle you open the door with, and pull this out. It isn't necessary to disconnect it, but it's also not hard to disconnect. NOTE where and how the cable attaches since you have to get it back that way.
Use a flat putty knife and work around the bottom and side of the panel - pulling it out so the clips release.
Once all the clips are out - grab the armrest and push the panel upwards so the window molding releases.
Rinstallation is the reverse..
go to ... http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f  it is a e34 forum, they have all the answers! also for do it yourself repairs... http://www.bmwe34.net / thank me later, these are the 2 best links out there!
message