HOW DO YOU CHANGE A THERMOSTAT ON A 1997 528I BMW

I NEED TO CHANGE MY THERMOSTAT ON MY 528I BMW 1997 AND I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW IVE TRYED TO FIND A SERVICE MANUAL BUT I CANT FIND ONE UNDER

100.00 I THINK YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE FAN COVER AND MAYBE THE FAN BECAUSE YOU CANT GET TO THE THERMOSTAT OTHERWISE. AND I HAVE THE COVER LOOSE BUT THE FAN IS IN THE WAY AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET IT OFF DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW
Reply to
jennifer

No offence bud, but if you are asking a question like this, you shouldn't be doing the job. I apologise for being harsh, but that is the reality.

Reply to
Leroy

Leroy - despite having a broken CAPS LOCK - that "bud" is named Jennifer.. and perhaps she might be able to use some help.

Jennifer - if you really are a Jennifer, just let people know where you are and you'll have BMW boys crawling all over themselves offering to give you some assistance. It isn't a task I'd suggest for someone who has never done this sort of job before.. especially since the E39 is a difficult car to bleed all the air out of the system when you're done.

NTTAWWT.

Reply to
admin

How long have you been using Usenet 'admin'? It is not uncommon for people use their friends/girlfriends/wife's account to send posts. And the huge majority never use their real names.

It's strange that you were unable to tell 'her' how to remove the fan!

Well, 'jennifer', a slim 32mm spanner and a hammer. Of course, hit it clockwise, as the fan has left hand thread. If 'admin' knew this, I would have no doubt he would have said so. Happy now 'admin'?

Reply to
Leroy

Actually - since it was Arpanet. You can Google that to find out how long that is. Hint Leroy, I first read Usenet postings on a TI Silent-700.

What someone wants to use as their account name or if they use someone else's really isn't germane.. what is - you ASSUMED that because it was a question about fixing a car the person was a "bud"..

Why would I bother - I was calling YOU an asshole.. not her.

As has been said before - and I'm sure fairly often to you.. you really are a nerk Leroy.

Reply to
admin

usenet groups didn't start on the arpanet; they were originally carried exclusively over uucp (hence the usenet name). Were they *ever* carried over the old arpanet? I though that they didn't leave usenet until NNTP showed up, which was after the arpanet had morphed into the Internet. I'll see your Silent-700 and raise you an asr33.

Reply to
Mike Scheer

Yeppers, one of the major uucp hubs was in my lab. The bean counters wanted to know how a computer had a $250k per year phone bill. ksr33 -> vt50

Reply to
spammers_lie

Usenet was started in 1979 as a "poor man's Arpanet" by Tom Truscott, Jim Ellis and Steve Belovin to share information via E-mail and message "boards" between Duke University and U of North Carolina. It used dialup connections and UUCP protocol under Berkeley UNIX distributions. I'll raise you a Silent-300 (which weighed just a bit over 40lbs I believe.. and that was a "portable"..)

Reply to
admin

All well documented and understood, but how does that relate to your claim that you read news groups on the arpanet?

Reply to
Mike Scheer