how good is the upgrade DSP sound system in the BMW X5

hi guys,

anybody lucky enough to have this upgrade ?

pls share some experience..

for over $3000.00 , do you think it is worth it ?

thanks

ST

Reply to
Steven T

Let me see - wind noise, road noise, engine noise, traffic noise - how good does a hi-fi in a car have to be to be below the noise floor (not very).

That said when CD's first came out in the mid 80', I could easily tell whether FM radio stations were playing CD's or vinyl (on their very hi spec' decks) on the standard BMW radio.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

I would say listen to it first then decide - I didn't and went for the £450 "Premium sound system" in my new 5 series and thought it absolutely useless - worse than a stock sytem in the wifes Ford Focus - no kidding ! and they couldn't have cared less !

I don't drive a BMW now as a result - overpriced and over-rated .....

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Pity. Still the acoustic space inside a Ford Galaxy is so much better for hi-fi...

The point is that it doesn't matter how good it is, the ambient sound conditions will mean it is wasted.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton